With Valentine’s Day just a few days away, we hope you have a very romantic evening or weekend already planned for your significant other. However, if for some reason Cupid’s holiday slipped your mind, as it does sometimes, we are here to help with a guide to Valentine’s Day happenings here on the East End. Whether you live locally or are thinking about a quick romantic getaway from the city to celebrate, we know you can find everything you need for a lovely holiday right here in the Hamptons. From fine dining and dancing to concerts and comedy shows, there’s something for all couples to enjoy.
Concerts, Plays, and Comedy Shows
The East End is well-known for its popular theaters and performing arts centers which are offering many wonderful performances over the Valentine’s Day weekend for you and your loved one to enjoy.
The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead will be featuring several concerts including The Moody Blues’ John Lodge on Thursday, February 14th; the 19-piece New Millennium Big Band DANCING singing Sinatra Love Songs on Friday, February 15th; and That 70’s Band performing a Valentine’s Show on Saturday, February 16th.
Bay Street Theater will be presenting an All-Star Comedy show featuring Joseph Vecsey, Casey Balsham, Ken Krantz and Mark Theobald on Friday, February 15th. Tickets to this show also include a special Valentine’s Day prix fixe dinner deal at Page at 63 Main in Sag Harbor.
If theater is more your style, enjoy performances of A.R. Gurney’s Love Letters at Southampton Cultural Center. This show will run February 15-17 and there are also special Dinner & Theater tickets available to purchase.
What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than enjoying one of the most romantic movies of all time? Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center will be screening the film Casablanca on Thursday, February 14th. Tickets are only $10 and drinks are discounted for Toasted Thursday!
The Long Island Aquarium will be hosting a ChocoVino Valentine’s Day Dinner featuring a special five-course meal incorporating tastes of chocolate and wine with each course.
If you are looking for a little dancing, head over to East Wind in Wading River for their Be My Valentine event on Saturday, February 16th. The evening will feature a 3-course dinner and open bar with live music by Long Island Sound Entertainment.
While a romantic dinner may seem cliché, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to check out one of the many exceptional East End restaurants that you have been wanting try.
Here are just a few of our favorite Valentine’s deals:
- Valentine’s Fiesta at Union Cantina in Southampton– For Mexican food with a spin, check out Union Cantina offering a selection of Chef Specialties offered on Valentine’s Day.
- Bell & Anchor in Sag Harbor– Enjoy $1 oysters and $10 glasses of champagne. Their “Bouillabaisse Night” special will also be offered on Valentine’s Day.
- Four-Course Blood Orange Dinner at Almond in Bridgehampton– This special Valentine’s Dinner will include 4 courses of seasonal dishes featuring blood oranges for $85.
- Rowdy Hall in East Hampton– Their Valentine’s Day menu will feature special a la carte items including steak tartare, cioppino and chocolate fudge cake for dessert.
- Dining at The Quogue Club– We are somewhat partial to a special dinner at The Quogue Club. Enjoy a weekend getaway here at the Club, and as a guest, you can share in an always special dining experience not available to everyone.
With so many great events and happenings here on the East End, there is no excuse to not make this a Valentine’s Day to remember. Your significant other will be thrilled and very appreciative of your thoughtfulness. They don’t even need to know that the planning was a little last minute; your secret is safe with us. Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine’s Day!